Sunday, August 28, 2016

Recent Buy

    Image result for iamgold

  On Aug 23rd of 2016, I purchased 300 shares of IAMGOLD Corporation  at $5.84 a share.  THe total cost of this purchase is $1756.95 including commissions.

 IAMGOLD (www.iamgold.com) is a mid-tier mining company with four operating gold mines on three continents. A solid base of strategic assets in North and South America and West Africa is complemented by development, and exploration projects and continued assessment of accretive acquisition opportunities. (source: www.iamgold.com)

       I was attempting to sell covered calls with a $6.00 strike price, but the stock fell over the next couple of days.  So I decided to average down.  But I didn't buy additional 300 shares directly.  I sold 3 put contracts with a $5.00 strike price and an expiration date of Sept 16, 2016.  I received a premium of $53.05 after commissions.  If the stock goes sideways or stays above $5.00 at expiration, I keep the premium.  If the option is assigned, I will have bought 300 additional shares at a reduced cost basis.

I will update my investing tab spreadsheet in early September.


DISCLAIMER
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment